Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reinvention.

 Happy Tuesday!!


Getting ready to redecorate my room. Always a fun project, but so much work at the same time. I'm moving into a master bedroom, which means even more work needs to be done. Really, I have a bedroom, hallway, and bathroom to get done. EXTREMELY excited!! 


However, I can't seem to figure out exactly what colors I want to paint it! Every day it changes from something bright and sunny, to jordan almond pastel colors. I've done & loved both in the past. Whichever way I decide to go, two or three colors will be used.


Inspirations: 


My current bedroom. White furniture, Liberty of London bed set, touches of color everywhere.

Going with the Liberty of London collection, I decided to look up some images of bedrooms from their collections. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much. Lots of decor, but nothing in the way of wall color. In the most unexpected way, I came across a nail polish from the MAC Give Me Liberty of London collection and absolutely fell in love with it. Its the most gorgeous grey blue. The more I think about it, the more I think this may be the main bedroom color.

Love the way they use black and white incorporated with splashes of colors and patterns. Everything is so all over the place, but comes together to make such a whimsical palette. 

An example of a bluish grey wall (I'll take the bags of Chanel items too, please =P ) 

Of course I would find inspiration from a bag. (Chanel again, of course.) Loving this beautiful beige grey. Thinking it would be perfect for my vanity area, adding in more white, silver, and pink accents.


Again, more very clean, yet very vibrant, fun, interiors. 

Bright, cheerful pastel against bold statement pieces. Even Tiffany blue as a color, but I'm always afraid a color that bright will be too overwhelming in a big room...




Loving the mix and match mod style from Jonathan Adler. I have this theory that I was a mod girl in the 1960's in a past life. The culture, fashion, and design are way too perfect for me to not be part of it. :)



Now being the music lover that I am, I have lots of framed shirts and albums. Black frames, I'm thinking. Tons of them. Excited about this mix of light and dark. The room itself has tons of light from the large, french balcony doors, plus with the white furniture, I'll be able to make dark pieces work without it looking dreary and cold.



So much out there, so many choices. I'll keep you posted at my project progresses. Cleaning and organizing needs to take place first...
xo Wish me luck! xo






2 comments:

  1. UMMMMMM your room's architecture is amazing! the windows, the view and your own fire place???? Not to mention its enormous! You have have have to post more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my room at my apartment! I'm in the process of moving home, but I'll see if I have more pictures of it. It was located in Coventry - an area in Cleveland Heights thats the perfect little hippy town! I lived above all the shops and restaurants (thats the view you see). But the buildings were definitely historic, which is what I loved. Crown molding, built ins all over the place, hardwood floors, etc...

    If you like that room, wait til you see the one I'm moving into at home ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete