Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dec. favorites. Sales. More decorating!

Who blogs at 3am? This girl.


I don't know if its because of the holidays, my work schedule being light this week, or what, but I've been staying up SO LATE these past two weeks. 


Hope everyone had wonderful holidays! I sure did. Nothing better than spending time with family and friends just enjoying each other and the season. 


Thought I'd share a few of my favorite gifts and finds of the month with you: 


My beloved iPad!!! Christmas gift, and one of the greatest at that.  Not the most practical little gadget,  nor will it ever replace my MacBook, but it's a whole different love. Games, music, organization. LOVING the apps!! I purchased an amazing organizer app  I plan on using throughout the year to keep me on task. On top of the address book, calender,  and email features, I should have no excuse to not be organized this year!

Okay, so I live in the Cleveland area. It's FREEZING.  Dry skin + freezing temperatures = severely dry flaky skin. This stuff has saved my skin's life this winter! The tiniest bit of exfoliation with the biggest results. My face hasn't felt this good in a long time. No flaking, no dry spots! LOVE. I alternate this with my Yes To Cucumbers facial towelettes to keep my skin clear.


J.Crew and Essie have teamed up to create some of the most gorgeous nail polishes I've seen in a long time.  Very elegant, both soft and bold shades. The smaller bottles are from the J.Crew collection (only sold in their stores), the larger is just another I purchased at the same time.

Of course, my hair always has to be the opposite of what I want. Wavy hair that I flat iron.  Naturally blonde, but I dye it raven black. Dry skin, but oily hair. As a hair stylist, one of the biggest points we try to get across to clients for keeping their hair healthy (and prolonging color) is not to wash it everyday. I rely on dry shampoo in between regular washings. Eats up the oil, gives you volume, and if you're buying one of quality, won't dry out your scalp. My Oscar Blandi has to be the best I've tried. Smells AMAZING, gives me volume, and doesn't leave my dark hair looking chalky. A MUST HAVE!!!

Again with the dry weather - I've rekindled my adoring relationship with all things LUSH  lately. Not only are they having some great holiday sales right now ( buy one get one free gift sets!! cant beat that!!), but their winter products can't be beat. Loving their sugar scrubs to keep my skin buttery soft!!



LOVE me some Jonathan Adler. DON'T always love his price tags. Found these gems at Barnes and Noble on Sunday. $40!!! He's selling ones just like them on his website for $150!!! Insanity, I tell you. 

I feel like I've been living at Anthropologie lately (which is NEVER a bad thing. I would literally live there if I could...)  Got this mirrored platter for my bedroom renovations. Hoping to put all of my beautiful perfume bottles on top! Another bargain at $30 (more than 1/2 off!!)


More pretties from Anthro:



THIS DRESS. I've been watching it since April. APRIL, PEOPLE.  Fawned over it. Tried it on in the summer, wasn't sold on the color. Or the price - for $148, I better be able to wear it more than just three months out of the year. And how many occasions can you wear the same dress to in one summer? Found it again on Sunday, last one. My size. Marked down to $39.95 with an additional 25% off!! I knew it was really mine now. So happy.


As for my bedroom design plans? Of course they've changed.
simple-bedroom-decor-in-purple.jpg
I always seem to go back to cooler colors when decorating. Love this grayish purple so much!
However, lately I've been looking brighter and brighter...
17820_0_8-2372-eclectic-bedroom.jpg
Melon seems to be a color I keep going back to. I love how warm and inviting it is while being bright and cheerful.
celebrity-residence-04-g.jpg
Warm golden yellows have become a favorite for my bathroom. Unfortunately, my bathtub is green (of all colors..) so I have to keep it light and airy. This is one of my favorite shades I've found.
justa-pink-bedroom.jpg
Thinking pink in a big way. Loving this wall color. Not so much the overwhelming monotone. The wall color may be a winner, but something just scares me about pink walls. Can it be done tastefully without looking like I live in Barbie's dream house?





Since this will probably be the last blog before 2011, cheers to a happy and healthy New Year!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment