Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions.


2011.


So here's a list of my goals and resolutions for a great year ahead:


Admire beauty in simplicity: a.k.a no excess. 
If I don't use something, throw it away. If I'm not wearing it, donate it. Shop and buy only things I need. Treat myself to one thing instead of five.


Shop wisely.
I'm vowing to buy quality over quantity. More money saved to spend on what I REALLY want. Like these leggings I keep buying from Target that rip every. single. time. You'd think I'd buy better quality pairs for a bit more over wasting $6 on the cheapies from Target. THIS is what I'm talking about...


Just enjoy the day. 
I can count so many days where I've just been rushing to get here and there. For what? If I have the whole day, what's the purpose? I'm taking my camera everywhere. Enjoying the scenery, the people. The atmosphere. I will soak up life this year, dammit. And I will enjoy every second of it.


Go with the flow.
I have the worst anxiety and racing mind of anyone I know. I'm not going to allow myself to worry about things I cannot control. Its useless and a waste of my time. Things will happen whether I've lost a whole night of sleep over them or not. All I can do is my best. If I do that, I have nothing to worry about.


Smaller joys. Bigger rewards.
A tall over venti at Starbucks. Half of my dinner. Water during the week, a soda or smoothie as a weekend treat. I hopped on the scale yesterday to see what my holiday eating damage was and I wanted to hop right out the damn window. Weight has never been an easy thing for me to control, but I feel like I've shed my life of so much crap that has been causing me to over eat. I really want to make a positive change in this department this year. I did last year with going vegan, but I feel its still not enough. Portion control is my goal this year.


Stop explaining myself.
I have the tendency to say too much sometimes. I feel like a give myself away, which always leads to more criticism. If I don't want to hear it, I'm not going to talk about it.


And the extras:
-be on time more often.
-stay organized.
-stay on task.
-keep my space clean.
-seize each opportunity.
-be happy.


I've been playing around with the idea of expanding my blog to YouTube videos. I've become so obsessed with the beauty blogs I follow there. I love everyones spin on favorite videos, meeting new personalities. It's just so fun! So if you think you'd be interested in seeing videos from me, speak up! 


Hope everyone is enjoying their new year so far!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are the first girl who hasn't got 'lose weight' as her new years resolutions, i salute you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like I do! I hope you have a great year =)

    ReplyDelete